1. I’ll start with the obvious—the changing colors of nature. Is there a more beautiful palette?
2. Pumpkin lattes from Dunkin Donuts.
3. Football. Not the actual sport, but the sound of it on TV. It’s the perfect background noise for a Sunday afternoon nap.
4. Mums. It’s a sure sign that Fall is upon us when stores start putting them out.
6. Vegetable soup (I never feel like it’s right to make it before September.)
7. Pinecones, acorns and branches. There are so many free accessories for your home this time of year.
Better Homes & Gardens
9. Turtlenecks. (Do you see a theme here? My husband swears I go put on a scarf or turtleneck the minute temperatures fall below 80 degrees. I tell him there’s something to be said for modesty.)
10. Halloween. Even if I don’t get the candy, I still feel the thrill of trick or treating with my kids.
11. The smell of burning leaves.
13. My birthday and our anniversary. They fall within the same week in November.
14. A new fall bag. I bought this one.
15. Crisp, cool nights.
Happy First Day of Fall!