The last time I showed you a picture of our entry, it was in pretty sad shape. Empty frames and of course, that dresser in front of the vent had many of you worried. . . .
So, I’ve done a little rearranging and here’s what it looks like now:
Yes, you can see the vent. I’m working to get over that. But, I think the pair of ottomans help some. I just hate the leather, so I have a plan to have some tailored skirts made for them, kind of like the ones shown here:
I finally got those empty frames filled. I bought the frames from Michaels and ordered custom mats from an Ebay seller. A friend gave me this book for Christmas, which I promptly cut apart for the wall :)
On a side note, a handyman that I’ve worked with on some client installs gave me this little tip for gallery walls. To keep frames straight and from shifting around, use these little rubber cabinet bumpers on the back, bottom edges of the frames.
The lamps are from HomeGoods, and I added a little color this week with some Spring blooms from our yard.
You can see from this picture that it’s a pretty big space. (In fact, we’ll probably end up putting a piano here if we decide to get one down the road. Right now, my kids play school in this spot a lot.) Here’s how I’m hoping to finish it: